We have closed out enrollment for our Fall 2014 classes.
If you would like to be notified when we begin enrolling for our next classes in early 2015,
please click the button below to register for our TCA Email List:
Our tankermen earn on average $70,000 a year.
DO YOU WANT TO BE ONE?
|The TANKERMAN CAREER ACADEMY on-the-job training program is offered 2-3 times a year in the following locations:
ABOUT THE TCA
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Corpus Christi, Texas
- Pasadena/Houston, Texas
- Port Arthur, Texas
For more than 10 years, SGS Petroleum Service Corporation's TANKERMAN CAREER ACADEMY has been training men and women to meet the petrochemical industry's increasing demand for U.S. Coast Guard-certified tankermen. Our proven approach includes:
GET PAID WHILE YOU TRAIN
- A fast-paced training program that takes ONLY FOUR MONTHS!
- Classroom and one-on-one field training
- Taught by some of the very best tankermen in the industry
While training full-time, TANKERMAN CAREER ACADEMY students:
- Receive hourly wages plus mileage reimbursement for travel to and from field training locations;
- Get paid time-and-a-half for all instruction hours in excess of 40 hours per week;
- Qualify for many benefits as an employee of SGS Petroleum Service Corporation, including group medical, dental and life insurance; matching 401(k); short- and long-term disability insurance; vacation and holiday pay, and more.
Upon successful completion and graduation from the TANKERMAN CAREER ACADEMY training program and receipt of the required Merchant Mariner's Credential, graduates are eligible for continued employment with SGS Petroleum Service Corporation. Eligibility for continued employment depends upon the student’s overall performance during training and their level of competence at graduation.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC) is an EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer and committed to a drug-free and harassment-free work environment.
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster:
|Ready to get started on a new career as a US Coast Guard-certified tankerman?
to take the first step in the TANKERMAN CAREER ACADEMY admission process
and review the Qualifications & Admission Requirements.
© SGS Petroleum Service Corporation – 2014 – All rights reserved - SGS is a registered trademark of SGS Group Management SA.
Photos, files and images contained in this site may not be used without the
express written permission of SGS Petroleum Service Corporation.